HOMEABOUTSHOPFRESH INSPIRATIONCONTACTFACEBOOKINSTAGRAMPINTERESTBLOGLOVINEMAILRSSBLANK

Apr 17, 2015

April guest designer: Amélie Mordret

Hello Pinkfresh fans!

 My name is Amélie Mordret. I’m 37 years old. I’m married and have two boys. The eldest is 9 years old and the youngest is 3. I'm from France but since a few months, I live near Philadelphia PA. I started scrapbooking after the birth of my first son. I wanted to make him a baby book, and I have been addicted ever since.

I have always been really creative, and I enjoy drawing & painting. Scrapbooking has been a great avenue for me to express my creative side. I love making layouts and cards and occasionally mini-books.

I scrap whenever I can find free time. It allowed me to get away from the stress of my professional life but now I'm a stay at home Mum;)

I don’t really have a particular style, it really varies from project to project. I just love playing with different papers and trying new techniques. My projects often include stitching and lots of layering.

I am happy to share with you my first layout with the April embellishments kits. I really love the different shapes of this kit and as I like playing with shapes, this kit was such a pleasure to work on! I choose as background a paper from Crate Paper with some patterned squares. I decided to highligh the squares with washi tape along one of them.  I added some little enamels on the beautiful wood shape which fits perfectly with the pic of my son in the field. I colored some flowers with a yellow ink spray and added some little enamels to it to create more texture. I added some other squares made with the die and also colored them with some yellow ink spray. I dispose them around my pic to enhance it. To finish I placed the transparency losanges! I hope you will enjoy it!








For this layout, I decided to play with the washi tape color palette. I embossed  my die cuts frames with some gold powder and added here and there some little enamel dots. I love how this combo highlight this precious pic!







I hope you enjoyed these layouts.

XOXO!

2 comments:

  1. Love all that yellow! It's not a color I usually use, but you've inspired me to give it a try. I also like what you've done with the edges on the first layout - it looks like a game board - fun! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my! Both of these are stunning......seriously loving the frames, washi, diamonds, letters and black sequins. Sigh.....

    ReplyDelete