HOMEABOUTSHOPFRESH INSPIRATIONCONTACTFACEBOOKINSTAGRAMPINTERESTBLOGLOVINEMAILRSSBLANK

Mar 4, 2015

Dreamy



That is what the February kit is - dreamy! Margareta here with some Pinkfresh Studio Kit inspiration for you. My projects are made with the February kit and not much else, except for the coloring, cardstock and a few letter stickers. That shows how awesome this kit is! You don't need anything extra aside from the kit itself, ink pads, and maybe a few optional markers and paints, to make beautiful cards and layouts.

I'm in love with the adorable stamp set! I immediately put it to use on the card above. 'Do not quit your daydream', paraphrased and opposed to 'Do not quit your day job (just yet)' - isn't it wonderful? That is a quote that has stuck with me, and this stamp set is so totally perfect to illustrate it.

The background and the stamp images are colored with Copic markers. I stamped the elephant and the umbrella a second time on a separate sheet of cardstock, fuzzy cut the shapes and added them with foam tabs to get the dimensional effect.

The Copic marker colors I used were: Background: E40, E41 Elephant: RV04, RV06, RV09 Umbrella: B12, B14, B18



I added a few rhinestones and some cloud and star stickers to the card. Then I used the lovely wood veneer alpha for the sentiment, along with letter stickers from Studio Calico (Essentials). The wood veneer is colored with an ink pad (Studio Calico Color Theory Flamingo).

The colors in the February kit are not quite as strong and bright as I made this card. They are rather soft and dreamy (I told you it's a dreamy kit!) with pastel colors and shining gold. Here's the layout I made from the kit.


The water color print cards in the kit are perfect for matting your smaller Instagram photos. I embellished my page with some stickers, a piece of washi tape and a wooden sticker button. Below the photos I made a golden shiny mosaic border of chipboard shapes and gold foil die cuts from the emoji craft dies that are included in the kit.



I once again used the wood veneer alpha for the title and, although I had already used up two of the letters 'a' on the greeting card, I was able to stretch my alpha by using the @ symbols instead. I often do that to get more mileage from my alphas, and it makes for a fun and playful look in the titles.

This time I colored one @ with a gold ink pad and the rest of the letters with Studio Calico Color Theory Mint Hint ink pad. As you can see in this detail picture, I added at touch of mint green and pink glimmer mist color to the background before I started my layout. I also used the Mint Hint and Blush Crush ink colors to lightly stamp some images on the white cardstock.

So, what do you think of the February kit? It IS dreamy, isn't it? Now go and sign up for a subscription, if you're not already a subscriber. We hear so many 'ooohhh's and 'aaaah's from the subscribers every single month and everyone's so happy to be a member. You don't want to miss out on any of these amazing kits!


No comments:

Post a Comment