HOMEABOUTSHOPFRESH INSPIRATIONCONTACTFACEBOOKINSTAGRAMPINTERESTBLOGLOVINEMAILRSSBLANK

Aug 16, 2014

Fun with Frames

Hi there! It's Els here today. How are you all doing?
We just returned from our summer vacation a week ago, and so I'm working my way through all the pictures taken on our trip, and couldn't stop myself from making a first few layouts with them ;) And of course I used some fabulous Pinkfresh products, how could I not.


The floral patterned paper made me choose for a green and yellow/orange kind of colorscheme, so I went looking for matching embellishments. The canvas pocket, I just had to use. And underneeth, I tucked one of the enamel polaroid frames. I love that the bottom is just sticking out, and shows just the sentiment. (Don't worry, I trimmed away the rest of the frame, to use on another project later on ;)) Before putting my picture and embellishments down, I did just a tiny bit of stamping. 


I used a soft grey ink for the stamping, to match the grey ink splatters. The stamps are from the set found in the limited edition embellishment kit. I remembered the peach and mint ombré airmail tape, and used a strip of that behind my photo and embellishments. A bunch of colorblock wood veneer hearts and a brad sticker finish this page up.


And while playing with these beautiful enamel frames and looking for other usages then just framing something with it, I made a second layout. I had some silly Batman selfies from my son, which aren't the best pictures, but just needed to get documented. I used only one frame for this layout, since I only had one of that beautiful blue.


So I cut the frame up again, after carefully measuring and trying, and placed a piece on either side of the pictures. For the background I used some stamping with black ink, I again used the stamp set that is in the embellishment kit


And then my same as ever routine started again: I went through my stash of supplies and searched for embellishments that would match. The wood veneers, which I hadn't used much yet, were perfect, and totally matched the atmosphere and boy-ish look of my layout. Some more airmail washi and those awesome blue transparent alphas from the embellishment kit, and I was done.


Thanks for stopping by again today! Now go and get framing ;)

Els.

1 comment:

  1. Those black and white photos are so cute!! Love the clean blue and green colors with them!

    ReplyDelete