HOMEABOUTSHOPFRESH INSPIRATIONCONTACTFACEBOOKINSTAGRAMPINTERESTBLOGLOVINEMAILRSSBLANK

Jun 16, 2014

Wowing over Washi + a Video

Hey peeps! It's Els today. I have two layouts to share today and ... a video! Yeay!!

I had the cutest subjects for my first layout. Even though these sleeping beauties are boys, I didn't hesitate to use a few touches of hot pink here and there. I started out with the triangles paper from Heidi Swapp's Dreamy collection, and added the kraft one with the arrows on the left side. At the edge of the two patterned papers I added Pinkfresh Studio light blue glitter washi.


On the left and right side behind the photo panels, I used some of the Aztec Love printed washi. the color matched the color combo of this layout perfectly. I tried to focus mainly on the blue side of the tape, since I didn't want to add too much pink.


Amongst others, I added hot pink accents with a colorblock geotag wood veneer and one of those stunning neon brad sticker. I'm madly in love with these brads, I tell you. They're the perfect element to finish up so many different projects.


The neutral Way to Home enamel shapes add a subtle bit of texture to my layout. What do you think? Is this still a boys layout? Or did I overdo it with the pinks ;)


And here's my second layout for today. More washi and wood veneer fun on this one. I used the peach and mint ombré airmail print washi and the orange and pink ombré airmail washi. And I also added a heart and an envelope colorblock wood veneer.


I started out with a floral patterned paper, and stenciled a few flower patterns on it with black chalkboard paint. Here's a process video I made while making this layout.


Thanks for stopping by today!
Els.

2 comments:

  1. Love the layout with the two kids! One doesn't usually think of black with children, but this is perfect! It would actually go with just about anything, except maybe a Hawaiian beach scene - lol! I see you used chalkboard paint, but can I use just regular acrylic paint, or even ink?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Margaret,
      Thanks for yout sweet comment! I suppose any paint would do. I used chalkboard paint, because I initially had in mind to doodle on it, but it all seemed busy enough at the end, so I skipped that part. Acrylic paint might be a really good alternative.
      Have a great day!
      Els.

      Delete