HOMEABOUTSHOPFRESH INSPIRATIONCONTACTFACEBOOKINSTAGRAMPINTERESTBLOGLOVINEMAILRSSBLANK

Jun 27, 2014

Scrap In Summer Colors

Margareta here today with some fresh inspiration. I love to scrap summer photos because of all the strong yummy colors you can use to get that happy summer feeling. Neon colors are especially suitable for scrapping the warm and sunny season. But, this year, something new has happened. When I looked into the fashion and home decor trends, I was surprised to spot a brand new trend with darker and richer colors for summer, almost an autumnal color scheme!


My projects this month have a little bit of both color trends. Let's start with the rich colors. I used them for the layout above, where I was inspired by the paper rosettes that are currently regaining popularity.

I could color match the rosettes with the new Pinkfresh Studio screen printed wood veneer pieces, that are designed in these new trendy colors! It was a perfect match! The wordings on the pieces were also the right ones for scrapping a family board game night. Heeheeh. ;)

I used the same rich colors for this summer picnic invitation card. I used a couple more of the chevron wood veneers from the first layout and the 'Think Less Live More' stamp set.



The rich color scheme was a new one for me, but I couldn't resist making a couple of neon colored projects, as well. The bright layout, below, is truly representing the traditional summer layout look. 

I created the background with acrylic color and foam stamps. Added some transparency circles with a cloud pattern and built the design from there. The enamel neon instaframes and the other enamel elements, from the neon Way To Home pack, are looking so cool on this design, along with the color block wood veneer

At the bottom right corner, I once again brought out my favorite stamp set from the card above: Think Less Live More, and added a few flowers. Those flower images are so versatile, and can be added as an accent on any spring or summer project. I love them!


Last, but not least, a neon color stamped funny card to hold a Starbucks gift card. It's for my dear husband, who is kind enough to make me coffee every single morning, just to wake me up. I am so not a morning person. lol! I wanted him to able to pick up a cup coffee for himself without having to make it first, for a change. The fun coffee themed stamps come from three different kit clubs.

I used the beautiful coral and gold foil striped alpha and color block wood veneer to decorate.



 Thank you so much for stopping by! I wish you a wonderful and sunny weekend! Happy summer scrapping!



9 comments:

  1. I love how you used the enamel frames. Great idea, thx for the inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow Margareta, I love your projects! The rich color combination is spectacular, and how perfect for a game night layout. Your cards are adorable, and the neon yellow and blue are so perfect for a Swedish holiday layout.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your right, that is a very different color scheme for summer! I love the yellow and blue color scheme in the last layout, and the rosettes (is that what they are called?) in the first layout are so fun.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love all the vivid colors! You have such a fun style! (:

    ReplyDelete
  5. (My phone are my comment so I am sorry if this is a duplicate)
    Such pretty projects as always, Margareta!
    I love that you looked at trends outside our industry for the first layout. I have to admit though, the other two feel more like summer to me!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great projects! Love all the color.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love that Midsummer layout and the colours in the Monopoly one!

    ReplyDelete