HOMEABOUTSHOPFRESH INSPIRATIONCONTACTFACEBOOKINSTAGRAMPINTERESTBLOGLOVINEMAILRSSBLANK

May 25, 2014

Fun & Fresh Ideas

I am Margareta and I am super excited to be a part of the Pinkfresh team and to share my first post with you today. I really played around with all the wonderful Pinkfresh embellishments and I had so much fun. You are welcome to stay with me through the entire post, and to download my 'Build the Page' pdf file and watch the quick tip videos with some extra ideas. Don't miss that.

Let's begin with the gorgeous colorblock wood veneers. They are absolutely unique and I have never seen anything like them before.


You can use those shapes just as they are, like I did with the envelopes on the 'Happy Mail' card below, or you can play with them and create new shapes and forms.

On the 'Grow' card above, I made three lovely flowers for a card for a passionate gardener. I used the arrows as stems, the hearts as petals and the chevron shape as leaves. The chevrons are currently unavailable, so I recommend you to use the triangles instead. Tip: The geotag veneers can easily form a beautiful flower with the geotags as petals.


I used one of the geotag veneers on the neon colored gift tag for a house warming present. The cute enamel houses were perfect for this project, along with some beautiful washi and glitter tape. Tip: Placing your embellishments on a diagonal line makes the design a little bit more exciting than the usual horizontal layout. I finished the tag with three enamel hearts from the same neon colored pack as the houses.

I must say that I am in love with the glitter tapes! The are silk soft and they glitter in different ways in different kinds of light. You just have to hold them in your hands and see for yourself!


Last, but not least, I built a page almost exclusively with Pinkfresh Studio embellishments:

I chose purple as the color theme for this page, with a few green accents, to pick up the colors in the photo. Radiant Orchid is the Pantone Color of the Year for 2014, and I have used the purple tones quite frequently this year.


You can learn how I built this page, step by step, with a few technique tips. Download your free pdf file here! I have also made a couple of quick tips videos. One for designing the perfect journaling spot on any page, and one for punching/die cutting from thin and sticky washi and glitter tapes.



Can you spot the common denominator on my projects today? I'm using the 'magic recipe' from dear old 'Charmed' TV series (remember that one?): "The power of three shall set you free." Using three of the same embellishment is a classic design tip that makes it easy for you to create a beautifully balanced page.

Thank you for looking! I hope that you both got inspired and learned one or two new tricks. Now, head over to the Pinkfresh Studio boutique and get some fun and beautiful things to play with. Happy scrapping!

18 comments:

  1. Those are so sweet! I especially like the "happy new home" tag. Congratulations on your new DT position!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats! These are awesome projects. I LOVE the flowers you made from wood veneers. Super cute! I also was a fan of Charmed, so I love the reference. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. So cute! I love your layout.. and the card with the envelopes and hearts is too cute!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my goodness!!! All of it is so over the top cute! Now I must have those heart and arrow veneers, that card is simply amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love how you used the veneers to make the flower! Fantastic, I must give this a try.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such lovely cards and I especially like the Happy Mail one. I have never used the wood veneers but you have inspired me to at least give them a try.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What wonderful products to work with and you used them so well. Love your PDF, I downloaded it to study later. Love your LO!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm so excited to see Margareta on the team - she does amazing work! That first card using arrows and hearts to make flowers is brilliant! Every project is so bright and fun. Thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Fabulous projects!!! The first card is amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Super cute! My favorite is the first card!

    ReplyDelete
  11. You did a fabulous job. I love what you did with the wooden pieces on the first card. The last layout is so sweet and tender. Congrats on your first DT assignment.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wonderful projects, so inspiring ! Love the videos, thanks for the tips.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love the card with the hearts and arrows. You even "almost" make me like purple with your page!! Awesome job on all the projects!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Thank you for these great ideas! I just got my first pink fresh materials and can't wait to try some of your techniques!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I particularly love the way you "grew" the flowers on the first card!
    AngieandSnoopy

    ReplyDelete
  16. Your projects are so beautiful!! I love the way you used the wood veneers on the Grow card!
    You are so creative and I love all your work! So glad to see you on the team!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Margareta, I love your work but this is spectacular!!! Totally love the wood veneer use on the card!! Congrats! susank12

    ReplyDelete
  18. So many gorgeous projects and so much inspiration! I love it!

    ReplyDelete